Hello, My name is Jason Square. I Love Musical Theater, and love helping people. I got this idea, to start a blog, because I've been helping young musical theaterens with there auditions on yahoo answers, and get some awesome replays. It makes me so happy to give musical theater audition advice. If your wondering if you can trust my advice, or "How would he know". I've been doing Musical theater for 8 years, 10 if you count some after school and summer programs. I just finished my 14th more professional show, as in people pay to see it, about a month ago. It was my second college musical, my first college musical being 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, it was also my favorite show, and favorite part, I played William Barfee. Some of my other credit's include, King in Roger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella, Cowardly Lion in Wizard of Oz, and Lefou ( Gaston's Assistant ) in Beauty and the Beast, The Broadway version. I've also gotten accepted as a Vocal Major with the Broadway Artist Alliance (BAA). I do have a heart condition, and am now realizing I will not be able to perform as much because I'm not able to keep up with the rigorous dance rutiens. So, instead, I'm blogging advice for anyone who has questions about the musical theater process, mainly concentrating around auditions for schools, and acting academy's. I hope to be posting regularly through out the summer with different segment's, concentrating on different parts of the audition and call back process. Thank you for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment